July 3, 2008

WALL-E Is A Beaut-E!

So I took the girls to see WALL-E yesterday and it was everything I could have hoped for and more. It was just such a well done movie that it's hard to even know where to begin. Pixar has done it again.

The thing that caught me off guard the most, and I had read about this going in and I was still floored, was just how moving WALL-E is. You just can't help but care for WALL-E and EVE and their star crossed (literally) romance. I'm not exactly the most emotional guy, although by Yarbrough male standards I may be, but I have to admit that there was a little welling up going on at a couple points near the end of the movie. I have read a lot about what an adorable character WALL-E is, and he really is, but for me EVE was the star of the show. The way they used her character was amazing and I really felt like she was the one who really set the tone throughout the movie.

Bottom line, WALL-E is definitely in my Pixar Top 3. It's not quite up there with Nemo and it will take a couple more viewings to see if it comes out ahead of The Incredibles, but regardless it is an amazing movie. I am going to be hard pressed to find a better movie this year. Take your best shot Dark Knight!

No comments: