March 22, 2007

24: How stupid do they think we are?

So the batteries on my Official Jack Bauer Suspension of Disbelief Emitter ran out this week and here's what I came up with:
  • If it's 6:30pm in L.A. it is 7:30am in Omsk, Russia... I somehow doubt that the Russian President's wife would be giving a speech at 7:30 in the morning. Call me crazy.
  • There is no way Wayne Palmer would have Powers Boothe as his VP! Especially after David Palmer had the power hungry VP in season 2. Nevermind that Powers Boothe only plays bad guys. Didn't Wayne see Sudden Death? Didn't that play into his decision?
  • After doing some rough math I've determined the most conservative estimate still puts Jack in his late 40's. Realistically he's probably at least 50. Not to mention the fact that he has a little wear and tear on those old bones. Is this really the guy we want the fate of our country depending on? Can they reanimate Curtis or something?
The truly sad part is... these are the kinds of thoughts that go through my head. A little sad, yes?

No comments: